Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pride

Pick-n-Pat: Hairstory in the Making: Black History: My Top 10 fave Movies
My opinion about the movie Pride is that its really good so far. There are a lot of sad & racist parts though. I thought that it was really sad when Frankie, was yelling at the boy who stuttered because he accidentally broke his radio. And I also was upset when Frankie was making him get into the car because he "owed him" for the radio incident. But I do think that this movie does make you feel a lot for the characters. And there is also a lot of racism not only from the white people in the movie but also from the black people in the movie. So, I think the racism comes from both sides, but that the white people are just a little more extreme with it. I think all of the people on the swim team were proud & happy when they came out for the swim meet and saw a lot of people cheering them on. I also think that they were disappointed and angry when the other team left. But they have to much pride to give up and quit so they swam without the team. Then after all of that happened it shows PDR going to multiple different meets, being interviewed by reporters, winning meets, etc. And one time during an interview at the PDR's swim center they walk into a destroyed building, where Frankie & a few of his friends decided to ruin the center. When the coach saw Frankie & the other guys doing this he became extremely upset & angry so decided to push Frankie (who cant swim) into the pool & punch the others who were helping Frankie. After he was finished with Frankie's friends he jumped into the pool and started to beat him up. When they got to regionals I was curious why he didn't actually watch the meet I knew why he didn't coach just not why he didn't watch it.